Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Semester Reflection

During Second Semester...



Personal Branding
Our first project was to create our own personal brand. This took a couple of weeks for us to create. Some initial challenges straight off from the beginning of the project was just the brand. I wasn't sure how I wanted my brand to look and how I was going to make it look like me. I learned in order to brand yourself you have to make it clear and concise who you are and what you do. My feedback that was given was to make my resume, cover letter and business card blend together more because I didn't want them to all have a different style and not look well together. I ended up changing the layout of my cover letter so that it was more simple and went all my other branding materials. I overall enjoyed the outcome of this project and feel like my branding was representative of me.




Confetti & Company Branding
Our Second project of the Semester was to pick some of kind of activity that we could create advertising for and be able to sell. It took from a little after the beginning of the semester until the end because we initially started out with creating a logo, then magazine, poster, and web ads. We also created a brochure and infographic to go along with it. Some of the challenges I faced was trying to figure how I wanted my brand to look because I had many options to take in considering it was a party planning business and I could use color to my advantage. I tried to take my own pictures for the advertising materials but ended feeling that it was not how I wanted the brand to look. So I definitely changed it a couple of times trying to find the right color theme and overall look I wanted for the brand. Some people helped me along the way by letting me know that food did not really scream that I was a party planning business and was misdirecting them. I am happy with the overall theme and the only thing I wish I could have worked on is the first couple of advertising materials.

Time In Class

At the beginning of the semester I felt that I did do well with my projects until we came to our activity branding project. This initially started out good until I got to the advertising materials of the project and I became more collaborative with friends. This would become more distracting then helpful at some points. I would always take advantage and use my time outside of class as well to make for time lost in class. 


Strengths and Weakness

I feel as though one of my weaknesses is trying to make everything perfect and exactly how I see it in my head. It's hard for me to not overthink something and just do it. I also get in ruts where I feel as though it is too late to change what I do not like and I get stuck with a design that I do not like. One of my strengths is that I am good at collaborating with people, which can actually be a weakness for me sometimes as well.

Summary

Something I really enjoyed about this semester was that I felt that I could really see my progress that I have made in the three years I have been in e-Communication. I would have changed the fact that when I was collaborative with I friends, I let myself get distracted to easily. Which is why a big take away from this semester is that I have learned that I can not always be collaborating all the time and I have to take on my own design. One goal I have is to be even more familiar with the adobe creative cloud going into college so that I can do more projects on my own. I am glad that I was able to take this class and discover how much I really enjoy graphic design and being able to try and pursue a career from this.


No comments:

Post a Comment